SHANTI WATER COOLED BLOWERS are similar to air cooled type in construction and performance except in the change of cooling arrangement. In water cooled blowers end plates have water jackets around them, where water is circulated, which dissipates the heat of compression generated and keeps the internals cool. Water cooled blowers are recommended for applications where discharge pressures exceed 7000 mm WG since it is essential to dissipate heat for the efficient working and long life of the bearings and seals. Shanti Blowers have a unique design of single inlet and the single outlet for cooling water and require no cumbersome water pipe connections externally. Internal circulation of water to various areas is through inbuilt channels. This unique design makes the operations very simple, yet very effective. The cooling water inlet is at the bottom so that the water rises up against gravity, reaching all the corners before it comes out from the outlet.
It employs two Twin Lobe impellers mounted on parallel shafts, rotating in opposite direction within a casing closed at the ends by side plates. As the impellers rotate, air is drawn into one side of the casing and forced out of the opposite side against the existing pressures. The differential pressure developed, therefore, depends
upon the resistance of the connected system. The Blowers, being positive displacement type, do not develop pressure within the casing but the discharge pressure depends upon the system resistance / back pressure. Effective sealing of the compressor inlet area from the discharge area is accomplished by use of very small
operational clearance, eliminating the need of any internal lubrication of the lobes .A pair of accurately machined alloy steel, hardened and ground timing gears maintain clearances between the impellers, during rotation. The air, thus delivered, is 100% OIL FREE. The pumping capacity of a lobe compressor, operating at constant speed remains relatively independent of inlet and discharge pressure variations. These Blowers are constant volume machines, which deliver a fixed discharge against the system back pressure.
Features of Shanti Water Cooled Blowers
- 100% oil-free air delivery
- Water Jackets around the blowers to cool of essential parts to increase life.
- Factory engineered, Factory guaranteed, superior product
- Alloy steel hardened and ground timing gears, oil splash lubricated
- Anti-friction bearings
- Rotary Oil Sealing
- Rigid one-piece CI casing & end plates
- Easy rotor timing setting
- Extended shaft design for cool running
- Dynamically balanced rotor shaft assembly (Grade 6.3 ISO 1940-1986)
- Large inlet & outlet connections for minimal loss
- Improved volumetric efficiency and reduced operating temperatures
- Alloy steel toughened shafts ground to close tolerances
- Performance testing as per standard test procedure STP-01 based on BS 1571-2:1975 and ISO 1217:2009
- All blowers are manufactured on state of the art, imported CNC machines, machined to close tolerances with a high degree of accuracy on profile machining, ensuring high volumetric efficiency
- Non-contact type labyrinth seals, with vent, offers lifelong sealing without any seal replacement needed